- January Meeting - 22 January
- Canceled: Winter Birds of Northern Lycoming County field trip - 25 January
- Williamsport River Walk field trip - 15 February
- February Meeting - 26 February
|Sandhill Crane near Jersey Shore. Photo by Wayne Laubscher|
Wildlife in Need (WIN) Emergency Response of Pennsylvania is dedicated to respond to wildlife emergencies. A telephone dispatcher is available 24/7 to take calls. Callers with concerns will be advised about the best course of action and if needed, volunteers will be dispatched to capture and transport sick or injured wildlife to licensed rehabilitation facilities. Call 877-239-2097 if you find wildlife in need. Lycoming Audubon is working with WIN in coordination with Centre Wildlife Care (our closest licensed rehabilitation center). More transport volunteers are needed so if you have an interest please check WIN’s website at www.winemergencyresponse.com .
Lycoming Audubon Society's Google Listserv
Lycoming Audubon Society has a new mechanism to quickly notify individuals of bird sightings or impromptu birding trips via e-mail. This involves joining "Lycoming Audubon Society's Google Listserv". If you are interested in receiving these notices please send us an e-mail and we will add you to the distribution list.
Lycoming Audubon’s Board of Directors has a “wish list” of projects that we agree are very worthwhile. Realistically, the Board can not accomplish these projects without a “champion” to lead the charge. If one of these projects is near and dear to your heart, please consider “adopting" it with guidance, assistance and support from your LAS Board. Contact Joan at (570) 651-0131 to discuss further.
1. HAWK WATCH on North White Deer Ridge (formal data collection for Golden Eagle migration at this location would be especially valuable).
2. Conservation Education liaison with Rider Park, the Waterdale Environmental Center and others. Do you want to help teach youngsters about the magical world of birds? Sign up to help our group of aspiring educators.
3. A cam site connected to our webpage (Peregrine or Eagle nest would be neat).
4. Feeding station/birding program at a few local nursing homes.
5. LAS Kestrel Box trail.